Commonly asked questions
What do I need to do first?
Book the Celebrant as soon as you know the date, time and location as there are limits to the number of weekends in the year 🙂 (week-days also available).
How much notice do you need?
The Marriage Act requires at least one calendar month’s notice.
How do I lodge an Intention to Marry Notice?
Fill out the form at your first appointment or I can send it to you by email or post. Bring your original birth certificates or passport and divorce or death certificate if previously married. If born overseas your birth certificate or passport from place of birth. If residing overseas we can organise all that is required by email, phone and post. The law requires that I view all original documents before the wedding ceremony.
Should we have Music?
Personal preference, but it does build anticipation for the bride and sets the mood for the ceremony. Usually on arrival, during the signing and after the presentation of the Married couple.
How do I sign the register and marriage certificate?
Your maiden name – usual signature.
How long does the ceremony last?
An average ceremony is 20 minutes, a long ceremony is 25 to 30 minutes.
Do not delay in making inquiries and bookings as there are limited Saturdays and Sundays in the popular warmer months. (Weekdays also available)
You are most welcome to book a no-obligation appointment at my home office, browse examples of Marriage Ceremonies and get to know me. I am also able to skype if you are overseas.
- Meet with a couple of Celebrants; discuss with them your vision for your ceremony. Are they able to meet your needs, how much input and flexibility will you have? Look for the personality you immediately connect with 🙂
- Ask to see referrals from other couples and examples of ceremonies – consider how warm, personal and meaningful they are.
- Check the Celebrant has a Professional PA system as wind outdoors can make it difficult to hear. Plus importantly, ask the type of dress worn?
- Will the celebrant be officiating at multiple weddings on the day.
- It takes creative ability, insight and experience to develop and deliver memorable Marriage celebrations.
Payment: Money Order, cash, electronic funds transfer.
- Reasonable fees, please inquire for packages.
- Registry service at my home office in the beautiful Adelaide Hills among the gum trees.
- Home Marriage celebrations a specialty with discounts applied.
- Many young couples are having their marriage celebration in their home. A beautiful way to christen their house with special memories or choose a family or friends home or garden. creating an intimate, relaxed and meaningful connection.
- Appointments: Flexible meeting times, call to make an appointment.
- I normally wear a formal dress or suit, however I have more relaxed appropriate clothing to suit your occasion.
Diana is a full time professional Celebrant appointed by the Australian Federal Attorney General. She brings ten years invaluable experience to design, choreograph and deliver your marriage ceremony in an elegant, fun and relaxed manner.